Friday, December 18, 2009

Thoughts about my Spanish

Learning Spanish has been more slow than I thought. I was expecting some way that I would speak and be better in Spanish after spending here almost four months. I expected that I will learn the language by speaking and going to the classes therefore I have not been studying new words or grammar at home. Spanish classes showed me that I know almost all the grammar but of course I could handle the grammar better. I have no problem communicating with one person but listening and participating conversation in group is still difficult.

I use Spanish everyday so my language skills should be improving everyday but how could I improve it more. By reading everyday in Spanish and actually finding the meaning of new words and also writing could be helpful. Now I have not been reading Spanish everyday because I read the news in Finnish. It is definetely good to stay here whole year to learn the language better.

2 comments:

  1. En mi opinión, tú tienes un buen español, hablas correctamente(gramaticalmente) y tu pronunciación es muy buena. Quizá deberías tratar de hablar más rápido, aunque cometas más errores, creo que es más importante hablar rápido y fluido aunque tengas fallos que lento y pensando todo para decirlo perfecto(que también es muy bueno), espero que en lo que queda de año mejores aún más tu español y seas capaz de meterte en conversaciones de grupo jejeje.
    Pero aun así,tu español es realmente bueno Juho, muchos quisieran hablar como tú. jejejeje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juho. Yo también creo que hablas bien.
    Sigue intentándelo sin desanimarte :), dominar completamente una lengua es muy difícil tu nivel es ya muy alto.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete